I took my Master degree in computer science at the computing science
department at Uppsala University. During my last years at the
university I was working with logic programming languages and grew an
interest in parallel implementations. I also gave several courses in
logic and functional programming.
I joined the Swedish Institute of Computer Science in 1990. During the
first years (1990 -- 1993) I was working with the design and
implementation of the concurrent constraint programming language
AKL. The work included implementation of an efficient emulator and
automatic memory management. The work was partly sponsored by the
PEPMA (2471) ESPRIT Basic Research Action.
After having completed the language design I started the work on a
parallel implementation. The resulting programming system Penny will automatically extract parallelism in
an AKL program and execute it on a shared-memory multiprocessor. The
system and an extensive evaluation is presented in my
PhD thesis. The work was partly funded by the
ACCLAIM (7195), ESPRIT
Basic Research Action.
After my dissertation I started to work in the area of agent technology for personal
information systems. I have been working with personal assistant for
telecommunication but focued on how to add
information and intelligence to objects in the real world. This work
was conducted in collaboration with Ericsson Radio Systems.
- Johan Montelius and Peter Magnusson. Using SimICS to evaluate the Penny system, Proceedings of International Logic Programming Symposium ILPS'97, October 1997
- Johan Montelius and Seif Haridi.
An evaluation of Penny: a system for fine-grain implicit parallelism Second International Symposium on Parallel Symbolic Computation PASCO'97, July 1997
- Johan Montelius et.al. Intentions and
Intelligent Screening in an Agent-based Personal Communication System , ECAI'96 IATA workshop
- Haruyasu Ueda, Johan Montelius. Dynamic Scheduling in an Implicit Parallel System, In the Proceedings of the ISCA 9th International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Computing Systems (K. Yetongnon and S. Haridi eds.) held in Dijon, France, September 26-27, 1996.
- Johan Montelius and Khayri A. M. Ali. An And/Or Parallel Implementation of AKL In New Generation Computing, vol 14, no 1, 1996, Special issue on the Workshop on Parallel Logic Programming
- Sverker Janson, Johan Montelius, and Seif Haridi. Ports for objects in concurrent logic programs In Agha, Wegner, and Yonezawa (eds.), Research Directions in Concurrent Object-Oriented Programming, The MIT Press, 1993
Awarded, as a member of the Laboratory for Logic Programming and
Parallel Architectures at SICS, the Chester Carlsons Forskningspris by
the Xerox Swedish Fund for Information Technology, 1991.
- Doctor of Philosophy, Uppsala University, 1997.
- Master degree of Computer Science, Uppsala University, 1989