Mats Carlsson, Ph.D., Docent
: SICS AB, Uppsala Science Park, SE-751 83 Uppsala, Sweden
: Dag Hammarskjölds väg 40C, Uppsala
: +46 8 633 1620
: +46 70 264 7180
: +46 18 572360
Born in 1956. Married, with four children.
B.Sc. in Computer Science, ~1981, Uppsala University;
Ph.D. in Computer Systems, 1990, Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm;
Docent in Computing Science, 2009, Uppsala University.
Joined SICS in 1985, where I lead the CPS
Awarded (with ISL) Chester Carlson's Forskningspris, 1991.
My research activities include:
- engineering of sequential and OR-parallel Prolog systems,
including SICStus Prolog
- engineering of finite domain constraint solvers
- engineering of algorithms for global constraints
- applications of constraint programming
I am site contact of the SICS Uppsala Office
(see photo in upper left corner of the background).
My professional training includes Russian. From time to time I
perform interpreter or translator functions on a free-lance basis.
Software and Projects
- Designer and main implementer of SICStus Prolog
and its finite domain constraint solver.
- Applications of constraint program in the areas of frequency
planning, system verification, scheduling for steel industry,
firmware optimization, crew scheduling, gene expression analysis,
and DNA sequence analysis.
- My current main activity is the NET-WMS project,
supported by the IST programme of the European Commission.
Recent Graduate Students
- M. Carlsson. Constraint programming for Packing Problems.
Docent lecture, February 9, 2009
- M. Carlsson. Filtering Algorithms for Global Constraints.
Invited talk, FJCP2005, November 14, 2005
- M. Carlsson and N. Beldiceanu. Dispensation Order Generation for Pyrosequencing.
Talk at SweConsNet meeting, March 7, 2005
- M. Carlsson. Trolleri med villkorsprogrammering.
Talk at SICS Open House, May 9, 2003
(PowerPoint slides, in Swedish)
- M. Carlsson and N. Beldiceanu. Revisiting Lexicographic Ordering Constraints.
Talk at SweConsNet Meeting, Feb. 25, 2003
- M. Carlsson and C. Schulte. Finite Domain Constraint Programming Systems.
Tutorial at CP'2002, Int. Conf. on Principles and Practice of Constraint Programming, 2002.
- M. Carlsson. Finite Domain Constraints in SICStus Prolog.
CICLOPS Workshop at CP'2001, Int. Conf. on Principles and Practice of Constraint Programming, 2001. Invited talk.
- Dispensation Order Generator for DNA Sequencing
- Trading Agent Competition
- A case study on airport crew rostering
- Using the case global constraint for configuration problems
- Optimization methods for configuration problems
(SICS Technical Report T99-04)
- Frequency planning for cellular telephone networks
- Optimization of print mask design for inkjet printers
- Verification and optimization using constraints and logic
- Nicolas Beldiceanu, Ph.D., Docent
- Magnus Rattfeldt, Ph.D.
- Per Danielsson