The Network Intelligence group focuses on applied machine-learning and analytics for automated operation and management of telecom networks. The line of research involves development of data-driven methods and tools for monitoring, virtualization and software-defined networking for fixed and mobile network technologies addressing:
- Learning and reasoning enabling automated processes for service deployment and autonomous network operations.
- Observability models enabling abstracted and unified representation of heterogeneous infrastructures supporting programmability.
- Intelligent flow forwarding fulfilling end-to-end performance requirements based on short-term and long-term learning.
We are collaborating with a large number of academic and industrial partners across Europe within the following areas:
- Network Monitoring and Management of Telecom Clouds
- Network Mobility Management
- Software-Defined Networking and Network Function Virtualization
Our aim is to facilitate operation and management of network infrastructures and services, matching research with deployable code compliant with established open source platforms such as OpenStack and contributing to e.g. OPNFV.
Network Intelligence - scope of research overview: