Energy Design is seeking a researcher within energy, IT and design
4 December, 2008 - 14:02
Interactive Institute (Energy Design, Eskilstuna, Sweden) is a leading design research institute in creating innovative concepts which expose energy consumption for the user. The majority of our concepts aim to make energy consumption more intuitive and easy to comprehend. One of our approaches to accomplish this is through visualising energy consumption in real time by using sensors and electricity meters. A first step for people towards an energy conserving behaviour is becoming aware of the problem. Better and more well-designed tools give the user a chance to thoroughly understand his/her energy consumption and act upon it. For more detailed information regarding our research & design
please visit www.tii.se/energydesign.
The Interactive Institutes department in Eskilstuna Energy Design currently manages around ten different research projects all related to energy consumption. One of the projects, called BeAware, is an EU-project (FP7 ICT) where we are looking to recruit a post-doctorate researcher, on a full- or part-time basis. The position is temporary for one year, but there is a possibility to extend the contract. Desired Qualifications:The person we have in mind for the position has a PhD (or equivalent) in one of the following academic fields; Humancomputer interaction, interaction design, computer science, design or architecture. Applicants with a completed PhD in power engineering or product development are also of interest.Responsibilities:
- Primary position within the EU (FP7 ICT) project BeAware.
- Participation within other research projects within Energy Design.
- To generate national and international research applications.
- To initiate new cooperation between the national and international research societies.
- To support our PhD students in various ways, e.g. in their writing process.
- To take an active part in developing the multidisciplinary research within the Energy Design team, which includes cooperation with behavioural scientists, designers, engineers as well as technicians.
Further qualifications:Furthermore, we imagine that you have had similar responsibilities in previous professions. You need good skills in writing scientific papers and research applications. You also enjoy working in a multidisciplinary environment.You are service-minded, social, analytical and well-organized. Preferably, you are interested in design and finds energy related questions important.Does this description fit you well? -please send your application to