Talks & Tutorials
Here is a sample collection of talks I gave over time, representing my past and current work. Information on scientific tutorials I have been giving is further below.
- "Real-world Drone Sensor Networks: A Multi-discplinary Challenge": the keynote speech I gave at the International Real-world Wireless Sensor Networks Workshop (RealWSN), in November 2015 in Seoul (Korea)
- "Internet of Things and Smart Agriculture: What's Next?": a public talk I gave at the Universal Exhibition, in September 2015 in Milano (Italy)
- "The mote is dead, long live the mote!": the keynote speech I gave at the 4th Int. Conference on Sensor Systems and Software (S-CUBE), in June 2013 in Lucca (Italy)
- "La ricerca improbabile - Storia di una torre che respira" (in italian): a public speech for the 150th anniversary of Politecnico di Milano about the future of computer engineering research, at the Piccolo Teatro Studio - available on
- "LiftOff: Let the Internet Fly!": the talk I gave at the MIT Technology Review Italia Young Innovator Award ceremony when receiving the prize, in May 2013 in Padua (Italy)
"Meet the Tower that Breathes!": the talk I gave
the Cor Baayen Award ceremony when receiving the
prize, in November 2011 at the ERCIM Gala Dinner in
- "Bullet-proof Software Development for Networked Embedded Systems: Dream or (Future) Reality?": a lecture on static verification of networked embedded system software I gave in July 2011 at the 3rd CONET summer school in Bertinoro (Italy) "Networked Embedded Systems: Humans in the Loop"
I built courseware material on developing networked embedded software that I am presenting in different versions at several venues, including:
- "Engineering Cyberphysical System Software": technical briefing at the 22nd Int. Symposium on Foundations of Software Engineering (FSE), held in Hong Kong (China) in 2014
- The 33rd SIGPLAN International Conference on Programming Language Design and Implementation (PLDI), held in Beijing (China) in 2012. PLDI was also co-located with ECOOP, LCTES and ISMM
- CPSWEEK 2010, held in Stockholm (Sweden) in April 2010. CPSWEEK brought together five leading conferences - HSCC, ICCPS, IPSN, LCTES, and RTAS - on the research and development of cyber-physical systems
- The 1st International School on Cyber-Physical and Sensor Networks held in Monastir (Tunisia) in December 2009.
- The 6th European Conference on Wireless Sensor Networks (EWSN) held in Cork (Ireland) in February 2009. The tutorial was half-day with live demonstrations and different WSN technologies shown during the discussion
- The 7th ACM/USENIX International Middleware Conference held in Leuven (Belgium) in December 2008. The tutorial was full-day, with a theory part in the morning and a hands-on session in the afternoon where we gave the attendees real WSN nodes to experiment
- The GII doctoral school in Computer Engineering held in L'Aquila (Italy) in September 2008. Here the tutorial was part of the lectures on "Boosting Services and Information in Adaptive Networked Enterprises"
© 2006-2017 Luca Mottola | Last updated: February 16th, 2016 | Design by Andreas Viklund